Sunday, November 23, 2008

When Life Happens

Thursday, November 13 was my last post. I know what you're thinking. I set out to climb Mount Everest and got stranded. (See "Inside Out Strategy" below). You probably thought I was buried in a landslide of debris and hopefully I had food and water with me while someone came to dig me out since it's been over a week. Hey, I live in a family so used to my stacks they wouldn't think to dig. Besides, where is that shovel?

You know how it is--you make your plans and God directs your steps. Life happens. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was . . . Then Tuesday . . . On Wednesday, I . . . Thursday afternoon. . . Friday, Diana and I . . . Then yesterday. . . .

Okay. So I had a few things to do, but I obviously wasn't using my time most wisely. Surely I had five minutes to sit down and write. I got distracted. That happens sometimes to us stackers. I did find time to read a novel I really enjoyed, so my free time wasn't totally wasted. Some of it was wasted. I did manage to find the remote.

A new day is a new opportunity to do what I want until responsibility or love calls. No need for guilt. Life happens to all of us, and sometimes we can write about it.

No comments: